Monday, June 25, 2012

Power to the People . . .

. . . the customer people, that is :)

Hi Chicks!

I had a card class tonight with just two ladies.  One was an "old" customer, and one was a brand-new customer who found me via my DBWS.

I have to honestly say that last night, I thought about cancelling this class.  I was away all weekend at my mom's & was tired.  I had my three cards planned out (OK, CASEd :P) but still had to create them, then prep everything for the girls.  I knew I had to work 7-3:30 today, and frankly, it seemed like a bit of trouble to go to for only two people; especially since it wasn't a product-based class, and I probably wouldn't get any orders.

Well, I gritted my teeth, forced myself to make my display cards and prep my packets, made sure the house was straightened up, then headed to bed.  Didn't sleep well, and when I came home from work, my eyes were so tired they were burning.  Made dinner for the hubs, took the dog for a walk, came back & straightened up the kitchen & dining room (AGAIN), and set up for class.  That left me with about 30 minutes to sit & relax before my guests arrived.  I was grumpy.  So I thought, you know what?  I have an extra packet made - I'm gonna stamp WITH my ladies!  At least if I have to run a class, I might as well get some stamping in myself.

Now, I've heard differing opinions from other demos - some say cancel, some say have class even if only one person is showing up.  And I "get" that - both sides.  But girls, I never cancel, even if I DO only have one student.

You know why?  Because- think about it - how would YOU feel if someone said to you, "Well, you're the only one coming, so I'm gonna reschedule."  Kinda makes that person feel like they're not important enough for you to spend the time on them.  Not very nice, and not too customer-appreciative either, know what I mean?

Anyway, my two ladies arrived and we had a ball!  The new customer was so much fun to meet, an experienced stamper, and the three of us chattered away like old friends.  They hadn't used the techniques I showed, so they were delighted to learn something new.  Nobody ordered anything, but the new gal bought one of my retired sets, which helps declutter my shelves; and I had fun stamping away & just relaxing!  I even forgot how tired I was (although as I type this, I'm remembering!!).

So the moral of the story is, you never know how much fun you're going to have, or how nice of a new person you might meet.  And, by letting your customer-friends know how much you value them, both as customers AND friends, you can spread a little "stampin' sunshine" around.

That's it for now, my peeps!

Jeni



No comments:

Post a Comment