Saturday, July 14, 2012

Quick Class Idea

Hi Chicks!

Here's a quick and easy class idea for you.  As I've mentioned, I follow Lyssa Zwolanek's blog regularly.  Recently, she posted a technique I really flipped for, which she calls "One Layer +".  Here's an example I came up with yesterday (details on my blog):


 
Since I can only fit six students around my dining room table, and it gets a little crazy trying to have people stand up and "rotate", I've decided to run this card class a little differently than I normally do; which is three cards for $5 and they have to wait sometimes for someone to be done with the supplies before they can move on to the next card.  Sometimes I run a product-based class, where they purchase a product that is used on the cards; and sometimes I run a "free" class if they purchase a certain amount.

For this class, which I call "One Layer PLUS", I've designed six different cards using Lyssa's "One Layer +" technique.  I've also made sure none of the six cards uses the same ink colors, punches, or stamps.

Each different card design will go into a little organizer, along with the necessary stamps, ink pads, and pre-cut cardstock.  As the students finish each card, they will pass around the organizer, rather than getting up out of their seat.  Each card should take less than 10 minutes to make, and nobody should have to wait long for their next card (I hope!!!).

For example, this card's organizer will contain:  six pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; Crumb Cake & Chocolate Chip ink pads; two stamps from Papillon Potpourri, one stamp from Elements of Style, and one stamp from Perfectly Penned; six small scrap pieces of VV cs (for the large butterfly punch-out); and the Elegant Butterfly punch.

I'll have Dimensionals and clear stamping blocks in the middle of the table for everyone to use as needed, and will tell them to bring their own Paper Snips.  I'll also provide envelopes for their cards.

For this class, I'm charging $10 to make six cards, but if they place a $25 order the day of class, I'll waive the class fee.

If you'd like more details, or have any questions about running a card class, email me!

That's it for now, my peeps!

Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment